Follow the 2015 General Assembly of the Unitarian Universalist Association with UU World. Starting Wednesday, June 24, and continuing through Sunday, June 28, our team of writers and photographers will publish reports throughout the day on GA business and major events. We’ll add a guide with links to each post here, but you can also monitor our General Assembly blog directly (at uuworld.org/ga ) or subscribe to its feed (feeds.feedburner.com/uuworldGA).
The UUA will livestream the general sessions (formerly known as plenary sessions), worship services, and Saturday evening’s Ware Lecture by Cornel West. You can watch the livestream on UU World’s homepage, at the UUA's General Assembly page (where you’ll find a schedule of the livestreamed events), or on the UUA’s YouTube channel.
We’ll be tweeting news items, quotes, and photos, and collecting or retweeting your observations, photos, and videos. Join the Twitter conversation with the hashtag #uuaGA.
Sunday, June 28
Saturday, June 27
- Cornel West challenges, electrifies in 2015 Ware Lecture
- Call to action for climate justice, featuring Lummi Nation
- Commission on Appraisal will remain independent, delegates vote
- Clark Olsen receives Distinguished Service Award
Friday, June 26
- Session 3: UUA adopts Statement of Conscience on reproductive justice
- Group considers ways to make GA more inclusive, engaging
- GA Talk: #BlackLivesMatter is inevitable conclusion
- Better process for handling cases of clergy sex misconduct
- Synergy bridging worship full of cheers, song
Thursday, June 25
- Session 2: Five new congregations join UUA
- Crowded mini-assembly enthusiastic about reproductive justice
- Proposed change to Commission on Appraisal meets strong resistance