How does “the power of we” deepen our faith as a source of liberation and transformation for all? That was the question at the core of conversation at the 2019 UUA General Assembly in Spokane, Washington. Continuing efforts from last year to encourage deep conversation on topics of faith, on-site and off-site GA attendees were invited to discuss the following questions. We invite you to discuss them in your own congregation or small groups:
- What sustains you and your faith community in efforts towards inclusion, equity, and diversity?
- What limits you from living out our faith’s promise towards liberation and transformation?
- What should we expect of ourselves and one another in living out our covenantal relationships?
- What is a time that you felt the power of we in Unitarian Universalism?
- What is so important in Unitarian Universalism that you feel you would be willing to sacrifice for it?
- What will it take for Unitarian Universalism to fully embody the power of we?